Modifications To Child Support, Child Custody And Divorce Decrees

Once a divorce decree is issued, it is not set in stone. Child custody, child support and alimony can be changed. The same is true when child custody and child support arrangements are created following a paternity action. At the Lowendick Law Office, we use our experience to efficiently and effectively help you make any necessary modifications.

Child Custody Modification

Any number of issues could lead you to seek modification of child custody arrangements. Perhaps you are concerned about a physical or mental health issue the other parent has recently developed, such as alcoholism or drug addiction. Perhaps the reason is less severe, and schedules have simply changed.

Relocation is a common issue requiring child custody modification, particularly when parents are members of the military. If you or your spouse is considering moving away for a job or any other reason, it is important to understand that there is a legal process that must be followed. Our lawyers understand the process and can guide you through it.

Child Support And Alimony Modifications

Have you lost your job? Has your former spouse gotten a promotion? Change in income is the most common reason for requests to modify child support or alimony. There are some guidelines, particularly in terms of changes to child support. If there has been a 25 percent change in income, an immediate petition for child support modification can be made. If the change is smaller, there may be a time requirement. We understand the requirements and can guide you through any options available.

Free Consultation | Gwinnett County Family Law Attorneys

Call us at 770-338-8300 or send us an email to schedule a free consultation with one of our Lawrenceville modification lawyers.